Monday, January 30, 2012

A Celebration for Alice

This past Saturday, my closest friends and family got together for a brunch to celebrate Alice (with the exception of my San Antonio ladies). I am still pretty overwhelmed at how generous and creative and awesome everyone is. I know I shouldn't be surprised by this, but it was perfect and I feel so loved and now I'm going to get emotional again but I just have the greatest people in my life. Best ever. Thanks doesn't even scratch the surface of the gratitude I feel for these ladies. Alice is a super lucky baby to get to come into the world with so much love already. She won't understand how lucky she is, but then again I guess that's my job to teach her.

Anyways, we gathered at Chez Zee for brunch- the girls did an awesome job decorating. Jenny made these freakin adorable "A" cookies, and they also made these "wishes for baby" cards and had everyone fill them out. After my mom and sister left on Saturday afternoon, and Zack and I finished our shopping, I read all of these and then just lost it. It's Monday afternoon and I'm just now getting out of my emotional pit. Seriously.

Ok, this post is now just me rambling, but I feel they are important rambles. I love you all and can't wait for Alice to get to meet you.









Some of the aftermath...
Alice's first bathing suit. LOVE it.

Oh, did I forget to mention Blake came to visit too. He got to
play at Doc's with Uncle Zack.

If you need more pictures of me making crazy faces while opening presents and over heating:
https://picasaweb.google.com/AshleyfSteele/AshleySBabyShower?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNuh6sLUpJG_ygE&feat=directlink

Thanks for hosting Jenny, Blair and Kari!!

No comments:

Post a Comment