Monday, February 20, 2012

36 Weeks, 4 Days

Today I am 38 weeks. We are in the home stretch. The wall has officially been hit as of this morning, which I guess all things (and 9 months) considered, is not so bad. But this post is about my 36 week update, because I am behind. Our last ultrasound where we got to see our apparently hairy (hopefully just on her head) little girl. The start of internal checks- fun. We had an ultrasound to check on positioning and size estimate- Alice is measuring exactly in the 50th percentile for everything (except hair length), which is very rare. Most babies run big or small, so maybe there is hope this will also be true of her temperament, and she'll know middle ground?!? One can hope. Everything looked perfect- she's head down and on her left side, the calcium deposit on her heart is gone, she's practicing her exercises (breathing, swallowing, sucking), which result in lots of hiccups, and she already has a 1.5 inch mullet. Although the tech did say she had a good amount of hair on top of her head as well. She was about 6 and a half pounds- they estimate she'll be 7 to 7 and a half at birth. But really who knows, they can be off as by much as 2 pounds in these guesses. Although I do feel huge, I don't feel big enough to have a 8 pound baby in there already, but who knows.

Up until today, I've been feeling mostly ok. My back is constantly aching and I no longer have ankles, but I manage with a bath and a good foot and back rub every night. :) Zack really is the greatest. As for food, I'm having terrible acid reflux- that is by far my biggest complaint these days, so I'm eating a lot of tums. The morning is my best time (as it was with ms), so I eat a big breakfast that always consists of a smoothie and then some sort of bread and often an egg. I'm sure you don't care about that at all- I'm not really sure why I'm writing still. Here are the latest pictures:



It's hard to tell what you are looking at- pretty much directly
in the center of the picture there is a line with three white stars-
that's measuring her hair. those white squiggly lines are hair
on the back of her head. The dark circle to the left of that is
her head. 

Yes, I wear this shirt all of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment