Friday, December 16, 2011

First "2 week" appointment

28 weeks and 5 days later, we've finally introduced Alice on the blog. Really, we didn't mean to wait so long, but life is life and that's what happened. Today was my first of the "2 week appointments". Which means time is freaking flying. 11 weeks to go people. We leave for Tahoe Monday, then get back to enjoy almost a week at home before it's 2012 and we're in single digit weeks. Absurd.

I have been feeling pretty good. Tired, but I guess that's to be expected. I'm pretty pleased with my weight gain so far, which I never in a million years thought I'd say. I feel Alice move all the time now, and can even see her from the outside, which is pretty cool (another thing I never thought I'd think). Oh, and she really, really likes ice cream and other desserts. :)

Turns out nowadays the doctor appts. are pretty boring. Weigh in, pee in a cup, measure fundal height, hear the heartbeat (always cool- today it was in the 140s) and chat with the doctor. We went over my blood work they took last time to check for gestational diabetes- turns out I kicked that tests ass, but I am slightly anemic so need to take an iron pill in the mornings (sorry dad, wish I could take some of your blood). No big deal really. And for now that's it. We go back 12/30 for our next check in. I'm going to try to update after every appointment, to keep you informed as well a a journal of sorts for myself.

28 weeks- it's blurry (we need a new tripod) but you get the idea-
I'm getting big

No comments:

Post a Comment