Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Days 3-5

Wow this has been an insane week. Duke bit the plumber, not bad but was nevertheless a bit shocking to me, but we found out today he effing kicked him because he was afraid of him (he was in the backyard and knew Duke was out there and didn't tell me he was afraid of dogs so it would be nice if I put him up), so of course Duke bit him. If I ever see him again, I'd do a lot worse. And the reason said piece of crap plumber had to come out is because of a mis-measurement with the cupboards, oven and gas connection, and they had to move the entire pipe from behind the wall, which we then had to sheet rock again, but that's cool, because Mario had someone come out that same day to take care of everything and keep us pretty much on track. So far that was the low in this remodel, and I'd really appreciate it if we keep it that way. Mario also said he'd never work with that plumber again, because he loves Duke, and dogs in general, and won't work with someone who effing kicks them for no reason. Stupid ass. So, pretty much that's what has been going on. New cupboards, island and bar are in (YAY!!!!), we've picked our backsplash and new paint color, and everything is on track to be finished this week. Mario comes tomorrow to finish the wiring and prime, then paint on Wednesday probably, granite install Thursday and backsplash and appliances rehooked Friday. Whoo hoo. Now, the reason you read all my ramblings- pictures!


Stupid gas pipe that caused all those problems

Holy crap I have an island!


An island. With drawers!!
Mirror, light fixture, beverage center and granite needed

Cupboards, check!


Look at how pretty my new pantry is. I'm so excited.

Oh yeah, it even has bookshelves.

The cherry tomatoes (red, sun gold, black something) are
ripening like crazy. Unrelated but thought you'd like to know.
And they are delicious.

1 comment:

  1. cabinets are BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete