Saturday, May 7, 2011

We have granite!!

I notice in my last post I got my painting dates a little mixed up. Painting is not happening until Monday, because this project totally needs to drag out another week. Sheesh. Really, it hasn't been that bad. Right now the backsplash people are here grouting (I know, you haven't even seen the granite yet, but I'm a little behind), and then most of the big things, besides painting, are DONE! The cabinet people are also coming back next Thursday to touch up/fix some things- we need a piece of wood, like front trim or something, to go in front of the lights on the cabinets above the sink, otherwise the brightness will blind me. A couple other minor things, and they need to trim the trim above where the beverage center will go, because it's like half an inch too big, so the stupid thing won't fit. This company is fabulous, and I'd recommend them in a heart beat and use them again myself, but I'm ready to be done with them for a while. So, oh yeah, the mirror people come Monday to finish the bar area. Mario will install our light fixture then too (we're not sure what we're going to use, but there will be two options- one will hang a tiny bit, and the other will be more flush- we can't do recessed lighting because of a beam or something). Feel free to vote on your favorite. I'm incapable of making any more decisions. Nevermind. I was going to give you links, but I can't find the stupid lights so forget it. Now I've lost track of what I was saying, plus I really need some coffee, so screw it- here are the pictures.

First things first- I would like to introduce my new niece, Brinlee Paige Hill. Born very late on May 2nd, at I have no clue how many pounds, because no one told me, but she looks tiny! Can't wait to meet you Miss Brinlee. 

Ok, now onto the granite.

This island is amazing. It's a giant slab of pretty work space.
With drawers.


Pictures really don't do this granite justice. It's amazing.


If you're good, maybe I'll update with picture of the backsplash later. And the new faucet- bad freaking ass btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment