Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Days 1 and 2

This remodel got way more exciting! As we speak they are installing my new upper cupboards and listening to some awesome Spanish radio station. I love Mexicans. I feel like I should plan a trip to Mexico for this summer, because I love going there and we've gone the past 2 years... Although, given the fact that our kitchen is being remodeled as we speak and Zack miraculously hasn't said no to the now inneumerous "small" upgrades that have come up during the process, oh and our pool pump broke 2 days ago and cost a small fortune to be replaced... I'm guessing a Mexico trip this summer is out of the picture. But that's cool, we'll just recreate it in our backyard. I have a vivid imagination, so this should be easy. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be talking about anymore. The drilling is starting to get to my head, as is the fact I've been up a 7am every day of this lovely week off. Oh well. Ok, I'm clearly rambling so here are some pictures.
After the plumber came to take away all my appliances

And the next morning when the guys came
to tear out everything. EWW!
Yesterday Mario and Marcus tore out all the gross wall
and added lots of wiring for more outlets and my fancy
new under the cabinet LED lights

More wires. What a boring picture.

That green stuff is some new, I don't know, something that
doesn't mold so it's supposed to be the best material to use.
Cool, I know.
Ok fine, here's a sneak peak at the naked cupboards they are installing today and tomorrow.



Duke has been really well behaved, in case you were wondering. Mario loves him so he's allowed inside when he's working, which mean Duke finds the most inconvenient spot to lay, right where Mario is working, and refuses to move, causing everyone to have to step over him. Today he's outside, but he just found this giant bone I discovered buried in a gardening pot yesterday, so I think he's content for a while.

Ha ha- this doesn't make sense here, but I thought I'd share this picture of how we are eating dinner this week. My version of shake and bake, except you don't make it and it's a salad. 

And beer. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment