Alright kids- this thing that has been talked about more than most other things for 2 years now is finally happening. Today. It began and so far, I must admit, it's not really exciting at all. We had a plumber come and take away my sink (it will be interesting functioning in my kitchen for 2 weeks with no sink, but we planned and cooked in advance, so it will happen, hopefully with minor pain. And by pain I mean fights. This is a long parenthetical that I shall now end.), and move the fridge, dishwasher and oven to the side. The electrician is going to have a fun time getting to the tv plugins so he can move them up on the wall so we don't look all ghetto with our cords hanging out. Because it's those cords that have made our kitchen so ghetto. Not the laminent nailed to the wall. Or the two different colors of paint, both ugly in their own way. I forgot where I was... Oh yeah, so today is the day our kitchen remodel begins. We picked out our granite slabs- 2 Bianco Romano. I'm very happy with the slabs I selected- I wanted something that wasn't completely uniform. I like character in my granite, and these were perfect. I'm especially excited about the section I'm using for the island. It's pretty freaking cool. But enough about the granite that I have no picture of at this time. For your viewing pleasure and to give context to the awesomeness that will be the final result, I give you The Before.
Here's the schedule, in case you want to follow along:
4/25: Plumber- DONE
4/26: Destruction of the old; electrician comes to bring me several lighting and outlet location upgrades
4/27: Our pool pump broke, so looking like I'm dealing with the pool guy today
4/28: Installation of cupboards day 1
4/29: Installation of cupboards day 2
5/2: They come to measure for granite
5/5: They come to bring me my granite greatness and new sink
5/6 Mario comes back to install the backsplash and put in my new LED under the cupboard lights. David comes back to bring me running water, my fancy schmancy new faucet (I'm really excited about this) the ability to wash dishes and cook things indoors
Sometime in the near future- have friends over to tell me how awesome my new kitchen looks. :)
Also I have a new job. Friday was my last day with the company I've been with for 3 years and 7 months. I am starting a new job next Monday, as a freelancer. So, I guess what that means is I work for myself for the time being, and maybe for a long time. I'm pretty damn excited. I also get to work with some really great people. Anyways, I'm going to go enjoy my week "off" and read by the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment