Monday, June 17, 2013

4th Wedding Anniversary Trip

Zack and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary this past weekend, which means we've been together 8 years. Every year brings new challenges, adventures, opportunities and stories. We haven't been away together since Alice was born (I had never even spent a night away from her), so decided to take a close to home vacation at this amazing resort near lake Travis- Travaasa. It was a perfect luxury trip. We were pampered, waited on, cleaned up after, and fed. There are beautiful hill country views and native landscaping everywhere you look. There are ice cold flavored waters everywhere, (fresh flavored with citrus or cucumbers or strawberries), which I wish I had around my house. I didn't get many pictures- we were way too  busy being lazy. We arrived early Thursday morning, got our luggage taken care of and then checked into the super nice yet comfortable spa. We had facials followed by massages. Afreakingmazing. Then we had lunch- they have the best restaurant. The next morning we got up at 6:45 (we really tried to sleep in), grabbed some coffee then went for a hike along the trails. We had breakfast, hung out and then did the challenge course (so much fun). The food is fresh, in season, local and delicious. They make different feature salads for each meal with homemade dressings. And the drinks were also awesome. Fresh muddled blueberry caprihinis, strawberry basil mojitos, and the best pina colada I've ever had. The service was excellent, and the activities, well the few we did, were a lot of fun. I highly recommend this place as a close destination trip- no kids allowed! Perhaps I should go join their marketing team now. Next time I'm planning my trip around when Colt will be there. We were told he's a frequent visitor. :)




Spent a lot of time here reading, drinking, and even
did some water yoga. 









No comments:

Post a Comment