Earlier this year, I discovered that making chicken broth is the easiest thing ever, plus it tastes way better than store bought AND you get a big supply of cooked, shredded chicken to freeze, for easy meals. There is really nothing to complain about. So I thought I would share this recipe with you, since most broths used left over carcasses or inedible chicken parts (feet), and this one uses bone-in, chicken breasts. Yum.
Chicken Broth
4 large bone-in chicken breasts
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 teaspoon salt
several whole peppercorns
2 bay leaves
3 stalks celery, halved
2 large carrots, unpeeled, cut in half
1 whole onion, unpeeled and quartered
Put the chicken in a large stock pot, cover with water and add the other ingredients. Boil, reduce to a simmer and let simmer for at least 3 hours. Remove the chicken and let cool, then shred and portion into ziplock bags to label and freeze. Strain the broth (I just use a strainer over a bowl, nothing fancy), portion and freeze. I bought these containers and I think they are fabulous. That's pretty much it.
http://www.seededatthetable.com/2013/01/24/the-best-shredded-chicken-for-your-chicken-dishes-homemade-chicken-broth/
No comments:
Post a Comment