3 months! 3 freaking months! How did that happen. I think I've said this in every post I've made so far, but where has the time gone? Alice Kay Steele, there are not enough positive adjectives in the world to even begin to describe how awesome you are. Bring on every stupid mom and child cliche- I'm game. I've loved every day with you, and it's the most incredible experience ever to watch you grow and discover your world. You are the happiest baby- we know we are extremely lucky that you spend the majority of your day smiling or just sitting contently by yourself. You also still love to cuddle, and I take advantage of that as much as possible. But you are growing so, so fast. You don't get officially measured at 3 months, but our at home tests put you at 16.4 pounds and 27 inches! And this is not a brag, just a fact, but you have been sleeping through the night (really sleeping, not the "book" definition of a 6 hour stretch, but from 8:30 pm until anywhere between 6 and 8am) since month 2. This makes for especially happy parents. And because you are so easy, we can take you anywhere- it's great. I'm trying to take advantage of this while we can- soon you will be moving all around and we'll have to figure how to keep up with you! But for now you are content to sit in your car seat and look around. You still love looking at lights but now more than ever you love making eye contact with people- it puts a huge grin on your face. It's also been really cool to watch you interact with your play mat- you love grabbing and swatting and kicking the toys. Of course they all light up or rattle or do something in response to you hitting them, which is great because you are learning cause and effect, right before our eyes. Bath time is something else you really seem to enjoy. Your Dad gives you a bath every night- you lay there and kick kick kick like crazy! After your bath it's one last feeding, books then bed. Most nights you go to sleep without a fight- we swaddle your arms, put you in your crib and that's that. Sometimes we put on the twilight turtle if you are really awake, and that seems to do the trick.
3 months means I also started back to work and dropping you off at daycare that first time was indescribably awful. I felt like I had made a terrible decision and was throwing you in a deep pit of fire filled with sharp tooth monsters. Drama, much? Well you did just great and everyone loved you. And by the second time I dropped you off, I too was feeling much better. I'm also enjoying my days in the office and the ability to run errands without worry. And you already have little friends in class, which is the cutest thing ever. And your teachers and school director are super nice and all love you, so right now I'm perfectly happy with this mix we have in life.
For the past month you've also really been trying to sit up- it looks like you are doing crunches. But you really just want to be upright so you can look around and see everything. You are so alert and there is so much to take in! Duke is becoming more adventurous around you and will often sneak in a kiss- then you get a huge grin. You know what else makes you grin? When you have a loud fart. Your dad thinks it is hilarious every single time you do this. Ridiculous. You're also into blowing raspberries (and laughing when we do this), sticking out your tongue, and waving your arms and legs around like a maniac when you get excited. There are a million more things I could say and just as many I'm forgetting, but this is already way too long to be considered a blog post anymore. So we'll end it with I love you Thumper- glad to have you around.
Recently discovered toes
No comments:
Post a Comment