Blogging is hard to keep up with. Obviously. Especially since Zack has decided not to help contribute. But that's ok, I'll post when I can even if I'm always behind. Which probably won't change until I die, but I'm also ok with that, too. I can't believe it has been two months with Alice. She is HUGE! Not really fat, she's also pretty long. And so amazing- she is an incredibly happy baby. She has more awake/alert time during the day now, which is great because during that time she is all smiles. She loves to be on her play mat (on her tummy and back) and swat at the toys. But I think her favorite thing is when she's in her bouncer, there is this musical crab with a star hanging down, and when you hit it, music plays and lights come on. Well she's figured that out and will sit and bat that star and smile and just play. It's really an amazing thing to watch. Sounds boring I'm sure, but I'm impressed. She also loves being outside. We can be holding her, on a walk or just sitting- she loves all the light and shadows. Her other favorite thing is making faces- if you stick out your tongue or blow raspberries at her she'll get a huge smile and try to mimic you. We spend a lot of our days doing this. :)
I've gotten more comfortable with her and now have no problem leaving the house with her, even alone. Blair and Parker have visited us as few times, and we've gone out to meet some friends for lunch. I even took her to Target all by myself while the cleaning people were here one time (this is a pretty huge deal for me)! We've even sort of found a rhythm at home (which is about to change since daycare starts next week- AHH!). She starts the day between 8 and 9 usually. She'll eat, play a little then normally take a good 2-3 hour morning nap. Then she gets up, eats, we play and read then she takes another good nap, again anywhere from 2-3 hours. These naps are normally in her swing. Then she's up, eats, we play and start to get dinner ready. Often she'll take a 30 minute nap or so in the evening. Then Daddy gets home and we eat dinner, go on a walk, Alice eats at some point, then she gets a bath, PJs and some stories. Finally cuddly time on the couch until she's sleepy. Usually she goes to bed between 8:30 and 9:30. She sleeps until 5 or 6, eats and then goes back to sleep for another 1-3 hours. She's pretty good about putting herself to sleep. She is still being swaddled in the Halo sack things and still in a pack n play in our room. We don't swaddle her for naps, but we'll stop swaddling her all together soon. She's outgrowing it! She's also outgrowing her size 3 month clothes- they are too short for her and the PJs are too small in the feet. And she's now wearing size 2 diapers.
Now for your entertainment, the diaper song:
Kick, kick, kick
Kick, kick, kick
Kick your leggies, yeah!
Kick your leggies
(repeat)
Do a little dance
Take off your pants
It's diaper time, cha cha cha
It's diaper time
(repeat)
do, do, do, di, di, di, do, do, do, yeah!
Maybe someday I'll make a recording of this awesome song (Blake is a fan- no he doesn't wear diapers, he likes to sing it to Alice. And me. And Papa. And anyone else who will listen).
I'm sure I have a lot more to say about the past month, but my coffee just got handed to me so caffeine is the new priority.
| 4/20/12 |
| Somehow this... |
Always turns into this 4/25/12 4/28/12 - At the Wildflower Center 5/1/12 5/6/12 - Napping under the shade of our new giant umbrella!
|
| 5/8/12 - Thanks for the beautiful quilt Blair! |
For more pictures (and where I more frequently add new pictures): https://picasaweb.google.com/102995755240272742585/AliceKay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIjKsfOg6_PLUQ&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment