Here in the Steele household we have a big problem. Ok, we have a lot of problems, but this tomato addiction is way past the point of "Hi I'm Ashley and I'm a tomatoholic". This year we planted 12 plants, but due to user error only had 7 productive plants. But these plants have been really productive. We have tomatoes coming out of our ears from our garden- we eat them at every meal, give them away, and we still have more. Let me illustrate my point.
 |
| This was our first harvest. Baby box. |
 |
| Green Zebras- super productive plant and excellent flavor |
 |
| Grow harvest box, grow! |
 |
This was my amazing Hillbilly Potato Leaf. It was so good.
However, some bugs and critters destroyed my plant, so this is the only fruit of my labors. |
 |
| Our ONLY cucumber so far this year. Crazy town. |
 |
| We eat this like every day. Not kidding. |
 |
| Good in pasta salads |
 |
And bean salads. But no, I didn't grow those beans,
but at this point in life that's actually a less moronic question |
 |
| Fried egg BLT. Pretty much eat this for lunch daily |
Ok, so as you can see we're not having a tomato shortage. Even so, last week I ordered this (it's an addiction, I can't help it).
 |
| Yeah, 25 pounds of Valley Girl maters |
But we made delicious things from these tomatoes: Salsa, marinara, and lots of grilled tomatoes for snacking (try this- so good!).
So today, I also ordered 20 pounds of heirloom tomatoes and 3 pints of mixed cherry tomatoes from JBG. They were half off- what did you expect me to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment