Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 Years

Monday Zack and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary, which is great and all but it feels like we've been  married much longer. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just that 2 years sounds like such an insignificant amount of time. I guess we've been together much longer, and really these past 2 years have been crazy eventful, and anything but insignificant, so I guess I have no point. I'm a lucky gal- Zack is amazing and we have a great life. I'm a happy camper these days. To celebrate we decided to stay at home this year (ok, Zack said I couldn't go on vacation because I just remolded my kitchen, but we ended up having an awesome night) and cook dinner together, which I'm super grateful Zack likes to do, plus we're taking off this Friday for a 3 day weekend of lounging by the pool. Enough of that- being mushy is not the point of this post- it's food. And I'd like to take a moment to thank the Mavs for winning 1) Because I really, really wanted them to win (yeah Dirk!) and 2) It gave me my year 2 cotton gift for Zack- a Mavs Champs shirt!

Speaking of gifts, Zack got me this cotton canvas bag to hold all my tailgating and I suppose other, items.

On to dinner!
Tomato, caramelized onion, goat cheese tart. Yep.
He cleaned the dishes too!
This was divine. Halibut with prosciutto, capers, and wine sauce
Over wild rice pilaf and roasted green beans. Damn.

Homemade souffle for dessert! I'm fat. But that's cool.
Then we drank more wine and played our nerdy game. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 2 years of marriage! Don't know how you do it Ashley! :-)

    Food looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete