A few weeks back, Ashley and I were taking our weekly Saturday stroll through Costco when I came upon a deal that I thought was too good to be true. While perusing the meat section, I noticed that a large rib-eye roast slab seemed awfully cheap. For some reason, this particular slab was priced at 2.29/lb. My jaw immediately dropped and my mouth began to water. I quickly found Ashley, who was probably looking at something to purchase for Blake, and verified that we should be purchasing said slab of beef. Ashley of course didn't care and was somewhat confused as to why I would be asking her if it was ok to buy anything because usually its the other way around (and she never saw anything she didn't want to buy, I kid).
Anyways, after asking the boss, I quickly returned to the meat section and grabbed my booty. I didn't realize until we got home that the meat was mis-marked and that is why it was so cheap.
![]() |
| Whoops, that isn't brisket. |
17 pounds of rib-eye is a lot. So I had to decide how to portion it out. This was gonna be fun. I knew I needed steaks out of this.
![]() |
| mooahhhhhahahaha |
| I'm getting hungry just posting this. |
That evening we decided to test one of these bad boys out. Just 1 is plenty enough to feed both of us. I cooked it just right too! Look at that pink center.
| Seriously, I'm really getting hungry. |
I can't wait to cook that roast. It is going to be delicious. Maybe I'll smoke it. Now that everyone knows we are stockpiled with meat, I anticipate folks inviting themselves over very soon. First one to reply to this post gets dibs. :)


Blake wants to know if he can have a sword like Zack?
ReplyDeleteOf course. He can have whatever he wants.
ReplyDelete