So that first post was a doozy. It was so much effort that it took Ashley and I both a full day to get it out and formatted correctly. As you probably noticed, it ended in August, and since we all know that the year doesn't end in August, I'm back to finish off the year. I'm going to skip over September and October for a few reasons. Usually I wouldn't because it is our favorite time of the year, after all it's when Longhorn Football begins. As most of you know, that didn't work out so well this year. I will note that it was great having my Dad and Cary pick up our other 2 season tickets and coming to visit for home games. Unfortunately we didn't win many of them. (I suspect that deep down my Dad got some satisfaction out of that). Specifically I assume he got satisfaction out of the game related to the group picture below. It's from our Thanksgiving tailgate before the annual UT-A&M game.
 |
| The 8 plus 3 |
Like I said, we lost the game but Mack made some wholesale changes and we are looking forward to getting back on track next year. We will erase all memory of the 2010 football season (except for seeing my Dad sing the Eyes of Texas).
December:
The first part of the month was really tough. After 4 months of battling a really strange skin disease, which led to other complications, our dog Daisy passed away. She was our princess and her loss left a hole in our little family. I'd prefer not to type but instead post some of my favorite pictures of her.
 |
| Wildflowers at Mary-Moore Searight Park |
 |
| In Hugh's backyard jungle |
 |
| Lounging at our old duplex |
 |
| Playin with pops |
 |
| With her mama |
Christmas 2010:
So the later part of the month was much better than the first. We had Christmas at our House in Austin with my Mom, Hugh, Ben, and Paul.
 |
| Hugh and Mom in front of our Christmas Tree |
Ashley got a new fancy camera for Christmas
 |
| She had her doubts that I would come through |
Which was good because obviously our camera at the time wasn't capable of taking a very good action shot (of course it was probably user error). Moving forward you should see a marked improvement in the quality of our pictures. If not then I want a refund.
What do you think Ben?
 |
| "I think this new camera makes me look good." |
That's what I was hoping for.
Somehow Paul escaped without a single picture being taken. :)
Christmas at the Freeds:
By the time we got to Corsicana, Ashley had gotten a little more familiar with the camera. Right now I'm sifting through thousands of pics to determine the best ones for this post. Here's a good one.
 |
| Blake playing with his motorcycle |
To be honest I could dedicate this whole blog to just pictures of our nephew. Seriously, we have like millions. In fact, I bought an external hard drive with 1 TB of memory just to hold all of them. I can't wait for the day that I can use some to embarrass him in front of his friends or even future spouse. That will be awesome.
Somehow I was able to find some pictures of the rest of the family.
 |
| Tyler's frown is kinda freaking Blake out |
 |
| Papa messin with Blake |
 |
| Brothers (and motorcycles) |
Wait, I still haven't found a picture without Blake in it. Let's see, here's one.
 |
| That was a good dessert Holly |
 |
| Joe looks like he's having a good time |
I really don't think you all understand how hard it is to find a picture without Blake in it. Candy, I know you were there. I just can't seem to find a picture...... Oh wait, here we go.
 |
| In the kitchen, doing your thing |
All in all it was a great holiday season. Spending time with family was the perfect recipe for getting over the month's earlier loss. We felt like it was a great springboard into 2011.
Hopefully I can keep up with this blog so I don't have to write another long recap post for 2011. But before I go, one more pic of Blake and Papa.
Here's to a Happy Belated New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment