Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday. We had an amazing and much needed 5 days off together. Wednesday we took Alice to school, did some cooking prep, then went to see Lincoln. Yay for going to a movie! And it was really good. We picked the kiddo up early- Dan and Cary came over that afternoon and they also joined us on Thanksgiving Day. Alice got some good Grandma time when we went to the game. Great company and weather, right? Anyways, I love that this time of year makes us slow down and appreciate everything we have, because we have oh so much. I've been spending a lot of time lately trying to figure out where I belong now, with work, life and Alice, and I think I've figured out I'm right where I am supposed to be. Nice and vague- how's that for a commitment. So thanks family and friends- we love you all and are so very fortunate to have you in our lives. End of my cheesiness.






Also, all of the food we made was really, really good. Yes, I'm totally complimenting myself and I don't care. I wanted to have a note of what was made for next year, because it was all very tasty. Alice even ate like a champ- she had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and quinoa. She loved the turkey- kept stuffing it in her mouth by the handfuls. Guess I should stop eating like that as to be a better example.





Roasted Turkey Brine- we just use turkey breasts since we don't like dark meat. Brine is the key to not having dry meat.

Smoked Turkey Brine

Cornbread Stuffing

Green Beans

Broccoli Quinoa Casserole

Holy Amazeballs Sweet Potato Souffle

Mashed Potatoes- used yukon gold

Cranberry Sauce

Brussels sprouts- deglazed with balsalmic, cooked with bacon and dried cherries

Parker House Rolls

Double Chocolate Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie Bars with bourbon whipped cream!!




No comments:

Post a Comment