These monthly posts are getting harder and harder to write. There is just so much Alice does these days, I can't possible capture it all. The big milestones are easy- she's pulling up to standing, eating all sorts of stuff, still boycotting naps, but it's the little stuff that I love but I guess just don't remember to write about, maybe because I just can't do it justice. Like how as soon as she sees me at school she speed crawls to me. Or when we're playing in her room and she hears her daddy's voice after work she crawls out of her room toward him. Or when we are playing on her floor and she'll climb on us, then blow raspberries forever, only to pause for a quick cuddle. She's so much fun right now. It's so easy to make her smile but now she's laughing, good heart breakingly adorable baby giggles too. And she's very ticklish. And loves peekaboo. And books, she enjoys sitting and reading stories, it's great. She will pull on on anything, so things are starting to get rather tricky around here. I also love how whenever she hears Duke's collar jingling, she whips her head violently around until she can find him. He doesn't quite share that same enthusiasm for her, although she sure is his best friend at meal time. We did update her to a convertible car seat. Yes, it took me 2 month to research which one I would get. And she's also in her stroller without the carrier now. And sitting in grocery carts. And high chairs (well, she sat in one the 1 time we went out to eat in the past month).
Weight: We went to the doctor the day after the 8 month mark and Alice was 20 pounds, 8 oz.
Length: Long.
Clothes: 12-18 months.
Teeth: Same 2.
Food: We're experimenting with everything at this point, exposing her to all textures and tastes, but mainly she eats purees, puffs and yogurt.
 |
| TROUBLE!! |
 |
| I predict she will be walking at Christmas. |
 |
How was I supposed to pick my favorite smile?!? I love them all! |
Here's a sneak peak into month 8 so far- we kicked off month with an ear infection that is STILL causing sleepless nights. Amoxicillin didn't work so now we're almost down with the Omnicef. Hopefully once that is out sleep will return, because middle of the night snuggles are only cute for so long (although it does seem like the infection is gone, so that's great news). Good grief.
No comments:
Post a Comment