Monday, April 16, 2012

1 month lifeiversary

On Easter we also celebrated 1 month with Alice- and what an amazing and scary and exciting and anxious and sleep-deprived and fun month it has been. I can't believe my little girl is already a month old. I'm pretty sure I said this at her 2 week post, but time just goes so fast, which is why I'm super thankful to have all of this time to dedicate to her, and only her. I'm soaking up all the cuddle time I can, because I know it will be gone in the blink of an eye. Alice is smiling, she lifts up and can hold her head and actually loves to do this to look at light, and she follows our voices, which is pretty cool. Sleep is still sporadic, but it could be worse. Overall she's a pretty happy baby- of course she has bad days/nights, but overall she still pretty much eats, sleeps, and now we're getting some good coos and smiles during awake times. I guess I should start figuring out activities soon? She likes to look at the computer screen when I'm typing. :) She really likes going for walks in her carrier thing, and is easy to take shopping or out to eat (although I'm not brave enough to do this alone).  She also really enjoys bath time and being sung to (specifically The Sound of Music and My Bonnie). And she FINALLY started taking a bottle. She only gets one a day (or every other day if I'm honest) and it takes her forever to eat it, but she does, so that's progress. She still sleeps in our room at night, but she's been taking some naps in her room, which is great. I imagine we'll make the transition in the next couple of weeks. Here's some picture from the weekend of my little (ok giant) 1 month old love.

4 week weigh in: 11 pounds 8 ounces!















No comments:

Post a Comment