Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Magical Egg Discovery

As my sister can tell you, I'm the worst hard boiled egg peeler ever. We pretty much end up losing half the egg white when I have to peel them. This is probably why I don't ever make them, even though I love to eat them. Well kids, I will fear no longer. Today I stumbled across a blog post that said the trick to easy to peel hard boiled eggs is two fold. 1. The Process and 2. Salt and Vinegar. I immediately had to go test this theory, and let me tell you I peeled two eggs in under 1 minute. With no white lost. This is really impressive. Probably everyone in the world already knows these tricks but me, but just in case, this is how it's done.

1. Put eggs in shallow pan, covering with an inch of cold water
2. Add a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt
3. Bring water to a boil, and let boil for a minute or so
4. Turn off burner, cover and let sit for 15 minutes
5. Remove eggs into an ice bath and let sit for about 10 minutes
6. Magically peel eggs you are ready to eat and store the rest

I can't believe how easy it was, and that it actually worked. If you struggle with peeling your eggs then try this.  Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment