Wednesday, October 10, 2012

7 Months, Wow That's Old

Another month has somehow passed and I find myself the mother of a 7 month old. I also find myself not keeping track of things like I did the first 6 months. Oops. But now that Alice is awake pretty much all day long, I don't have time to document things. Or some days shower. But it's cool, she doesn't care if I stink. 



Weight (unofficial): 21 pounds
Length (unofficial): 28.5 inches
Teeth: 2, bottom middle

Foods: peaches, blueberries, purple carrots, pears, frozen cantaloupe- I think that's it for new stuff. Still 2 meals a day, and we now usually mix 2 different things together. And I'm guessing you eat about 2 tablespoons at each meal. My apologies in advance if you are eating purees until you are in college. Real food is scary.

We had a busy, but fun month. Spent a lot of time with family and friends- adult parties, birthday parties, play dates with the neighbors in the front yard- it's been crazy. Alice went from rolling everywhere and just getting up on her hands and knees to rock at the beginning of the month, to now crawling all over the place. (During my reread I realized I switched POVs. Tough).That kid can move fast. She still loves to roll, and is a big fan of turning 360 degrees in one place. It's rather odd, but a skill is a skill right?!? She is really coordinated, but I think that's always been the case. I guess I don't know if she's got overall coordination, but she excels at getting things from her hand to her mouth! And anything and everything goes into that mouth. Which means she likes all food, so that's been nice. We're still on pureed fruits and vegetables, but I recently started giving her these organic rice mum mums (which she loves and are a great distraction, as is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and a sippy cup with water, which she's doing pretty well with. Which actually does surprise me since she shows no interest in at all holding her bottle.


Avery Alley's 1st birthday

She enjoys sitting up, but hasn't figured out how to do it on her own yet. I can tell she's trying with the way she moves when she rolls over, but she'll get there. OH and clapping and waving! She's still getting the gist down, and really she's mimicking other, she's not actually waving bye, but those are newly acquired tricks. I love the clapping, it's the cutest. Sometimes the waving makes her look demented, because she'll stick her arm out and just stare at her hand as she moves it like she things she's in a beauty pageant...

Napping is really hit or miss, mainly miss. Some days I'm lucky if she takes two 20 minute naps, others she'll be out for 2 hours. I don't really push it though, but it does cause her to get fussy around 6 at night when she's had bad nap days. She's also doing this really cool thing where she screams like a banshee if you leave the room. And every time you change her, that hasn't changed. It's pretty awesome. It doesn't have to be me in the room, she doesn't like to be left alone apparently. Except at night when you put her to bed, she doesn't have issues then. Maybe it's some degree of separation anxiety, but she doesn't have issues at daycare, or strange danger. Who knows, babies are weird.

Other activities Alice enjoys include crawling to her talking toy block thing and getting all the alphabet blocks out, making sure to taste each one. And bubbles! I tried bubbles before and she lost interest fast, but this month she really started to enjoy watching and popping them. It's really cute.

One big thing that did happen this month, a week before the 7 month mark, SHE MOVED UP CLASSES AT SCHOOL! I would like to say it was no big deal, but I stressed about it for days, and cried like a freaking emotional psychopath (I say "like a" but really...). I can't believe I reacted the way I did- her new teachers, Mrs. Ashley and Mrs. Brandi (do you still say Mrs. if they are married, but you are using their first name?) are great, and I know them, but damn. My baby is just growing up so fast. Which I love but it's also, I don't know why but it's a little sad. Ok, really sad. Anyways, I don't think Alice even noticed she switched rooms. Moral of this is Ashley of the future, when this happens with child number 2 (assuming said child exists), or Alice's next class, chill the eff out.

I leave you now with what you are really here for- pictures!



Trying to crawl

Daddy does bath time, except when
he was gone for work for 2 nights!


Gymboree class- Alice loved it


She loves going on walks, Duke is pretty good too. Mostly.

Mum Mums

Visit from Nina




Oh yeah, and we started using this at 6 months, she's a fan







I'm sorry, sometimes I can't pick my favorite picture so you get 432 of the same series.

Oh, and Becky took some family photos for us before we went to Katie B's earlier this month.



Did I mention she always has something in her mouth,
including her hand...

Can you tell it's football season?!


Now a few of my favorites from her 7 month photo shoot. You can view the rest at the link on the bottom of the page. So, that means you can view the 2 I didn't post here at that link...



I don't know why, but this face makes me think of Kari Moore



https://picasaweb.google.com/102995755240272742585/7Months?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOC29IXL-cLrTQ&feat=directlink

That is the end of my 7 month novel.

1 comment:

  1. That is funny because the picture of Alice in her little striped shirt crawling on the couch, it's basically the look her mama gives me all the time. I would like those two Alices to have a conversation!

    ReplyDelete