Friday, September 14, 2012

A very merry unbirthday, to you!

6 months! How is this possible? This last month was a busy one- your Dad started a new job, Football season kicked off, and you no longer take naps. I also realized I write majority of posts about you, to you. I didn't intend for things to be this way, it's just how the words naturally come out of my fingertips, so I suppose it's the way it will be.

There are a million emotions my brain is trying to put into words for this post, but I don't think it's possible. I'm going to have to settle with telling you that you are the most amazing little creature. Your complete happiness makes life better than I ever knew possible, and your beautiful smile smooths a little bit of my heart every day. Sure, you drive me crazy when you try to roll over every time we change you, put your clothes on, or give you a bath- it has become quite the battle. And sometimes when you refuse to nap anywhere but one of our laps, I have to take a moment and remind myself this really is a good thing, chores can always be done later. But every day you make me smile- you are fabulous Alice Kay Steele and we love you so very much.












You now eat 2 "solid" meals a day. Breakfast of fruit (mainly apples) and a little rice cereal, and then a vegetable for dinner. You've had sweet potatoes, avocado, squash, carrots, zucchini, mangoes, banana and apples. You are not a picky eater.


You are sitting up great (when we put you there, you aren't getting into a sitting position on your own yet) and right around the 6 month mark you started getting on your hands and knees and rocking. It is actually hilarious looking and makes me laugh a lot. But then again, your mom is known for her maturity. But mainly you like to roll- I think you might forgo crawling and just roll to your destination until you walk, because kid, you roll with a purpose. You'll scoot your body to be where it needs to be, then roll, roll, roll until you reach whatever toy, or Duke, you sought out. Kinda weird and makes me dizzy, but whatever works for you.
And contraptions- you love them all. You look like a crazy person running in place in the jumperoo, and you also now love the exersaucer. It's great to have so many places to set you, although your all time favorite activity is rolling around on the ground.

You've also started to giggle a little more, especially when we nibble your sides.

Oh and you had your first ear infection (we ran into your little bff at the doctor even, poor thing had a double ear infection). It was only mild and we didn't even give you any medicine. A few sleepless nights and then you were good as new (minus the cough and runny nose that I've decided is just part of who you are).









And football season started! We'll bring you out to a tailgate, but it's been too hot. Your Grandma and Grandpa came to visit for the first game, and you were a very well behaved baby for your Grandma! (sorry, no pics!) And this past game Aunt Holly and Blake came to play with you (and we took your Uncle Joe to his first college football game).


                                     




And you went to a birthday party! It was Evan Vier's 5th birthday so we went to the lake to celebrate. You got to go on a little train ride with your Daddy.





That was a lot of "ands". And I have a few more. We had a fun play date with Logan and Mason, that little boy (he's 3ish) had you cracking up, and it's when I first saw you go on your hands and knees in attempt to crawl. And, as previously posted, you got your first tooth! Geeze, we had a super busy month.

Almost forgot- Happy Birthday Zack! We did have a birthday party for your Daddy and it was a lot of fun. So. Many. Kids. But you loved it- you rolled around with little Molly Guinn for quite some time. And we gave your Daddy an iPad, which means lots of Face Time with Nina- you get a huge smile every time she starts talking to you on that screen. I love it.




 Ok, I'm done. I don't think it's possible we did anymore this past month. This is what I get for not making more posts, but then we'd have a lot of really short posts about nothing, and that seems rather boring. So really, although long I think this monthly format works best for me. Ok, that's all. Love you kid. Happy growing.




No comments:

Post a Comment